This video will guide you how to instantly backup specific files in Windows using Copywhiz.
What is Copywhiz?
Enhance your file-copy experience with Copywhiz as it lets you to have more flexibility & more control over the file-copying process. Here is how Copywhiz makes file copying a breeze:
• Copy only new or modified files
• Paste by date created or modified or accessed.
• Easily pick files by name, extension, folder, etc. from a bunch of folders
• Copy files to multiple folders/computers
• Copy files from multiple folders and paste them at once
• Pick files from multiple folders and compress in a single .zip file
• Schedule file backups
• several more hidden nuggets designed to make your file-copy task easier.
It allows you to create backups using some standard variables such as %year%, %month%, %day%, %hour%, %minute% as part of the destination directories so that files are copied inside a new dated folder each time. The latest update also supports %date% and %datetime% variables for simplification.
The advantage of using these variables is that each time the files will be copied in a new dated folder, creating a new backup, instantly.
- Copy the files from the Source folder and right-click on it and choose Copywhiz–>Copy.
- Right-click inside the destination folder where you wish to copy the files and select Copywhiz–>Paste Advanced.
- Copywhiz window will open with the destination folder already selected. You can suffix the destination folder with %date% or %datetime% to add current date to the folder name.
- You can save the selected files and destination folder as a Copywhiz project and run the project each time you want to create a backup of the same set of files.
To backup specific files instantly,
That’s it in this video.
For more tutorial videos, check out this page.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for interesting videos.
Have a good day.
Thanks for visiting our blog :)