This video will guide you how to instantly backup specific files in Windows using Copywhiz.
What is Copywhiz?
Enhance your file-copy experience with Copywhiz as it lets you to have more flexibility & more control over the file copying and backup process. Here is how Copywhiz makes file copying a breeze:
- Copy only new or modified files
- Easily pick files by name, extension, folder etc from bunch of folders
- Automatically organize files based on file attributes and metadata
- Copy files to multiple folders/computers
- Copy files from multiple folders and paste them at once
- Sync files between source and destination
- Pick files from multiple folders and compress in single .zip file
- Schedule file backups
- Several more hidden nuggets designed to make your file-copy task easier.
It allows you to create backups using some standard variables such as %year%, %month%, %day%, %hour%, %minute% as part of the destination directories so that files are copied inside a new dated folder each time. The latest update also supports %date% and %datetime% variables for simplification.
The advantage of using these variables is that each time the files will be copied in a new dated folder, creating a new backup, instantly.
To backup specific files instantly,
- Copy the files from the Source folder and right-click on it and choose Copywhiz–>Copy.
- Right-click inside the destination folder where you wish to copy the files and select Copywhiz–>Paste Advanced.
- Copywhiz window will open with the destination folder already selected. You can suffix the destination folder with %date% or %datetime% to add current date to the folder name.
- You can save the selected files and destination folder as a Copywhiz project and run the project each time you want to create a backup of the same set of files.
That’s it in this video.
For more tutorial videos, check out this page.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for interesting videos.
Have a good day.
Thanks for visiting our blog :)