Many users have requested for a hotkey to directly create a sticky note with the clipboard text in it.
Actually, there is a way to do this (almost as quick as a single hotkey)
- Ctrl+Shift+U (Creates a new sticky note in NoteZilla/QNP on the desktop)
- Ctrl+V (Pastes the clipboard text inside the newly created desktop sticky note)
Try it out. It is very fast.
You can use Ctrl+Plus and Ctrl+Minus keys to toggle between your favorite sticky note color. Use these keys from inside a sticky note.
You can access the note menu, the title menu, and the format menu using the shortcut keys Alt+N, Alt+T, and Alt+F, respectively.
The desktop sticky note can have a rich shadow effect (Only on Windows XP systems or higher) To enable this option, go to General Preferences|Notes tab and choose the button “Shadow and Transparency…”.
To immediately attach a sticky note to the current application, press Ctrl+Shift+W from inside the sticky note.
QNP can be very useful if you log in to many different websites. Just save the username/password to a sticky note and stick the note to that website. Each time you visit that website, the sticky note will popup with the username/password.
You can configure QNP such that the note appears immediately when an alarm activates. Just go to General Preferences|Alarms tab and select the option – “Popup ‘Alarm Due’ window when an alarm activates.” The default behavior is that the note will appear only when you click on the animated clock on the taskbar.
To paste the unformatted text inside a note, hold shift when pasting the text. For example, you would press Shift+Ctrl+V instead of Ctrl+V. This feature is especially useful when copying and pasting text from a web site.
To create a new note based on a particular skin inside a memoboard, hold “Ctrl” and click on the first button of the memoboard toolbar. Make sure you click on the drop-down arrow of the first button.
Can you create hyperlinks to local files/folders in a sticky note? For example, if you have a file “C:\My Documents\My Proposal.doc,” type inside a sticky note. The ‘<' and '> ‘characters are required if the path contains spaces.
To shutdown QNP from the command line, just run the following command: “C:\Program Files\Conceptworld\QNPlus\QNPlus.exe”/ShutDown. This feature is useful when you need to automatically backup QNP data files to another folder or when synchronizing QNP data files with another computer.
Bonus :) I hope you are aware of the new version of QNP called Notezilla. If you haven’t tried Notezilla, then I strongly suggest that you install it on your computer. All notes from QNP will be imported automatically. Also, Notezilla will install it as a separate program so that you can revert to QNP anytime.
Check Notezilla here.
You can see the comparison between Notezilla and QNP on the webpage: https://www.conceptworld.com/QNP/Compare
Here are a couple of quick ways of accessing desktop sticky notes in Notezilla
Hotkey: Use Ctrl+Shift+T to bring all desktop notes on top. Ctrl+Shift+T is the system level hotkey configured when Notezilla was installed. This hotkey (along with several others) is configurable using Notezilla’s Preferences window (Advanced->Preferences menu in Notes Browser).
Keyboard-Mouse: Hold the Ctrl key and right-click on the Notezilla icon in the task bar (next to the click), to launch Notes Browser.
STEPS TO MIGRATE
The following steps will let you move Notezilla sticky notes from one computer to another.
- Right-click on Notezilla icon in the Windows taskbar (next to the clock) and choose “Notes Browser” from the menu
- Go to Advanced->Preferences menu. The preferences window will open
- Click on the Advanced tab
- The “Data Folder” path shown under the Advanced tab is where all your notes are stored. Take a copy of all the files & folders stored in this data folder so that they can be copied to the new PC as per the below steps.
- Install Notezilla (You can download it from https://www.conceptworld.com/Notezilla/)
- Right-click on Notezilla icon in the Windows taskbar (next to the clock) and choose “Notes Browser” from the menu. Go to Advanced->Preferences menu. The preferences window will open.
- Click on the Advanced tab
- The “Data Folder” path shown under the Advanced tab is where all your notes are stored. Open this folder in Windows Explorer
- Exit Notezilla
- Copy all the files from the OLD PC’s Data Folder to this NEW PC’s Data Folder
- Launch Notezilla on the new PC
Since we launched Notezilla 7.0 in January 2007 (3 months back), we have added several new features to it based on your feedback:
Checklist Sticky Notes. Each line in a sticky note is automatically prefixed with a checkbox. Great for to-do lists.
Notes can be sent to another user on the same computer — very much suitable for home computers and also Remote Desktop users.
Synchronize notes with Microsoft Outlook so that you can quickly transfer the sticky notes to any PDA/Handheld/Mobile device.
Synchronize notes directly with Palm OS-based devices
Import notes from Tab-delimited file
Export notes to Tab-delimited file, an HTML document, individual text files (for iPod)
Download the latest update from here.
Welcome to Conceptworld’s Blog.
With this blog, we aspire to create a closer relationship with you so that we can understand your product requirements and usage.
We wish that you interact with us more often through so that we can make our products better every day.
Here is what we plan to build this blog:
- Specific issues, problems/solutions
- Special offers
- New releases
We have lots of things to share. Make sure that you subscribe to this blog.