Today you will learn about a quick shortcut using which Handy way to replace an existing file with another file keeping the file name same. With this feature, we reduce 5 long steps to just 2 quick steps. This is possible using the file copy software Copywhiz.
What is Copywhiz?
Enhance your file-copy experience with Copywhiz as it lets you to have more flexibility & more control over the file-copying process. Here is how Copywhiz makes file copying a breeze:
- Copy only new or modified files
- Easily pick files by name, extension, folder etc from bunch of folders
- Automatically organize files based on file attributes and metadata
- Copy files to multiple folders/computers
- Copy files from multiple folders and paste them at once
- Sync files between source and destination
- Pick files from multiple folders and compress in single .zip file
- Schedule file backups
- Several more hidden nuggets designed to make your file-copy task easier.
Copy file and paste as another file in few steps
Before you proceed to read the steps, check this short video perfectly depicting this feature:
1. Right-click on the file that needs to be copied and choose Copywhiz–>Copy from the menu as shown below:
2. Go to the destination folder, right-click on the file that needs to be replaced and select Copywhiz–>Paste Special.
3. Under the Paste Special, you will find the option ‘Paste as (new file -> old file)’ as shown below.
4. The old file will be replaced, keeping its name intact. You will be intimidated with a pop-up, and also, a sound plays indicating successful completion of a file copy task.
What took a lot of time earlier using the Windows file copy, Copywhiz does the same task in just a few clicks. It reduces all the extra steps and lets you copy one file as another file and also keeps the name of the old file unchanged.
It’s that simple and easy.
It is thus a convenient tool for file copy and automatically taking scheduled & incremental backups.
For short tutorial videos, Check out this page.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more interesting videos.
Check out our other cool products.
Have a good day!
Thanks for visiting our blog :)