Note Toolbar is the bar that appears just above the sticky note when you move the mouse over the sticky note.
When there are many desktop sticky notes, you may find this automatic appearance of note toolbar a little annoying. You may prefer to see the note toolbar only when you click on specific sticky note.
You can change this behavior using Notezilla’s preferences. Just go to the Notes Browser and choose Advanced->Preferences menu. In the preferences window, change “Show note toolbar on” options (mouse click or mouse hover or Ctrl key + mouse hover) as per your preferences.
By default, Quick Notes Plus (QNP) keeps backup copies of its notes data inside “Backup” subfolder under actual data folder (My Documents\My Notes).
QNP keeps 5 copies of the notes data under the “Backup” subfolder. Each copy in a separate dated folder.
In order to restore notes data from a dated backup folder, follow the below steps:
- Exit QNP
- Copy all the files from the dated backup folder (example: Backup\2007-05-04\) to the actual data folder (My Documents\My Notes)
- Launch QNP. You must see all your notes successfully restored
Whenever you install Notezilla over an existing copy of QNP, it automatically imports all the notes. As a side note, remember that Notezilla installs as a separate product. So you can easily try out Notezilla if it suits your needs. If not, you can just continue to use QNP (the data remains intact).
In some cases, you may have to manually import QNP notes into Notezilla.
Please follow the below steps to import all the notes from QNP to Notezilla.
- Go to Notezilla’s data folder and delete all the files and folders (To know the exact data folder, go to Advanced->Preferences (Advanced Tab) in Notezilla’s Notes Browser). WARNING: By deleting the files and folders you will be losing all the notes that you created in Notezilla. We hope that you have just installed Notezilla and haven’t created any imported a notes. If you have some important notes in Notezilla, then you may export them to separate “Notezilla Database File” using the File->Export feature. Once you have exported this file, we will import it again in step 4.
- Copy all the QNP data files including “GlobalSettings.qxml” file to the Notezilla’s data folder. Typically, QNP data files may be found under “My Documents\My Notes” folder.
- Launch Notezilla. It should import all the QNP notes.
- Note go to File->Import in Notezilla Notes Browser and import the files that you exported in step 4.