We often perform certain tasks or access certain programs regularly or at regular intervals on our system. Instead of opening the program again and again, it is wise to schedule the program to run automatically. It saves us time and effort.
What is Notezilla?
Notezilla is a professional, elegant & highly rated sticky notes app for Windows & Phones (Android, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, etc.). It can help you organize your life by keeping all the notes, tasks & reminders that you may need when-ever and where-ever you are.
With sticky notes, you hardly have to put effort to take notes, set reminders, etc. Just jot down & move on with your task at hand. Notezilla allows you to create attractive and realistic sticky notes to make the desktop look more colorful and beautiful.
It works smoothly on both phones & tablets.
Running a program at specific time using Notezilla
You must be wondering how a sticky notes app can launch programs. Well, Notezilla has a reminder feature. You can set a reminder for a sticky note and the note will pop-up at the specified time.
There is also an option to repeat the reminders at regular intervals. Now here’s the best part, you can also run a program automatically at a specific time through these reminders.
Here are the steps:
- Create a Notezilla sticky note.
2. Add a reminder to this sticky note.
3. Go the the Advanced tab of this reminder window and choose the option ‘Launch program, document or website.’
4. Type the program name or browse and choose the program and click OK.
5. The reminder alarm will pop-up at the specified time and the program will also launch along with it.
Windows Task Scheduler
Windows task scheduler is a free tool to create and run tasks and is inbuilt in your Windows PC. With this, you can start a program, run commands and execute scripts at a specific time.
Running a program at specific time using Task Scheduler
Here are the steps in short:
1.Search for ‘Task Scheduler’ in the Windows search bar and open it.
2. Under the ‘Actions’ section, choose ‘ Create Basic Task’.
3. Give your task a name and a description(optional) and click Next.
4. Choose the Trigger frequency. This basically means choosing when you want to start the task. Here, you can also choose to set repeat trigger. Click Next.
5. Type or browse the program you wish to launch and click Next.
6. Click on Finish and you are all set.
After looking at the steps in both the apps, you can easily judge that Notezilla is much easier and user friendly than the task scheduler. While the task scheduler is confusing with multiple windows and steps, you can quickly configure Notezilla in one window.
Here’s another cool thing you can do with Notezilla- schedule a program to run at startup. When you switch on your system, the program will launch.
Although there’s no direct option for this, we do have a simple hack. Just set the reminder time for the sticky note to midnight. So when you turn on your PC in the morning, the reminder will immediately pop-up along with the specified program.
So how about giving it a try today. It’s free and also perfectly boosts your productivity by saving your time and efforts!
Learn more about Notezilla.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for interesting videos.
Check out our other cool products.
Have a good day!