For our work, we frequently access certain programs regularly and sometimes at the same time. Example, taking file backups or updating your drive with latest changes. For such repeated tasks, it is wise to schedule your system to automatically run the program at the mentioned time.
There are many tools that can do this. One of them is the Task Scheduler of Windows which is free and inbuilt in your Windows PC. But most of these tools are often confusing with multiple steps required to set up.
This article will tell you how you can do this easily and quickly using the Notezilla sticky notes app for Windows. We will also list the steps using the Task Scheduler and then let you decide which to choose.
What is Notezilla?
Notezilla is a professional, elegant & highly rated sticky notes app for Windows & Phones (Android, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, etc.). It can help you organize your life by keeping all the notes, tasks & reminders that you may need when-ever and where-ever you are.
With sticky notes, you hardly have to put effort to take notes, set reminders, etc. Just jot down & move on with your task at hand. Notezilla allows you to create attractive and realistic sticky notes to make the desktop look more colorful and beautiful.
It works smoothly on both phones & tablets.
Schedule programs to run automatically using Notezilla
There is no particular option in Notezilla to do this but you can quickly configure it using the reminder feature of Notezilla sticky notes.
Following are the steps to follow:
- Create a Notezilla sticky note.
2. Add a reminder to this sticky note. Set the repeat frequency for the reminder. You can customize the repeat using the options given.
3. Go the the Advanced tab of this reminder window and choose the option ‘Launch program, document or website.’
4. Type the program name or browse and choose the program and click OK.
5. The reminder alarm will pop-up at the specified time and the program will also launch along with it. Since it’s a repeat reminder, the program will launch at specific intervals.
Using the Task Scheduler
1.Search for ‘Task Scheduler’ in the Windows search bar and open it.
2. Under the ‘Actions’ section, choose ‘ Create Basic Task’.
3. Give your task a name and a description(optional) and click Next.
4. Choose the Trigger frequency. This basically means choosing when you want to start the task. Here, you can also choose to set repeat trigger. Click Next.
5. Type or browse the program you wish to launch and click Next.
6. Click on Finish and you are all set.
You now have read the steps of both the apps. The choice is now yours. Would you chose an app like the Task Scheduler that involves multiple steps and going through multiple windows or a simple and easy app like Notezilla that can be configured in just a few clicks in a single window?
Here’s another cool thing you can do with Notezilla- schedule a program to run at startup. When you switch on your system, the program will launch.
Although there’s no direct option for this, we do have a simple hack. Just set the reminder time for the sticky note to midnight. So when you turn on your PC in the morning, the reminder will immediately pop-up along with the specified program.
So how about giving it a try today. It’s free and also perfectly boosts your productivity by saving your time and efforts!
Learn more about Notezilla.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for interesting videos.
Check out our other cool products.
Have a good day!
Thanks for reading till the end :)