This article will show you how to set a reminder message to pop-up on your desktop as soon as you startup or log-on to your PC.
What is Notezilla?
Notezilla is a professional, elegant & highly rated sticky notes app for Windows & Phones (Android, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, etc.). It can help you organize your life by keeping all the notes, tasks & reminders that you may need when-ever and where-ever you are.
With sticky notes, you hardly have to put effort to take notes, set reminders, etc. Just jot down & move on with your task at hand. Notezilla allows you to create attractive and realistic sticky notes to make the desktop look more colorful and beautiful.
It works smoothly on both phones & tablets.
Windows Task Scheduler
Windows task scheduler is a free tool to create and run tasks and is inbuilt in your Windows PC. With this, you can start a program, run commands and execute scripts at a specific time.
Pop-up a reminder message at Startup using Notezilla
Notezilla does not have a direct option for this but you can still set it up easily to receive reminders when you start your system for the day.
Here are the steps:
- Create a Notezilla sticky note.
2. Add a reminder to this sticky note. Set the reminder time to midnight and click OK.
3. You can also set the reminder to repeat at the specific time like everyday or first Monday of the Month etc.
Tip: If you want to configure it to start when you log-in to your system, just mention a time when your system will be switched off. When you log-in later, the reminder will launch.
Pop-up a reminder message at Startup using Task Scheduler
The Task Scheduler has a direct option for this, but you need to go through multiple steps to configure it:
1.Search for ‘Task Scheduler’ in the Windows search bar and open it.
2. Under the ‘Actions’ section, choose ‘ Create Basic Task’.
3. Give your task a name and a description(optional) and click Next.
4. Choose the Trigger frequency. This basically means choosing when you want to start the task. Here, you can also choose to set repeat trigger. Click Next.
5. Choose the action you wish to perform at the set time. In this case, select ‘Display a message (deprecated)’. Click Next.
6. Type the message you want to be displayed on the desktop screen and click Next.
6. Click on Finish and you are all set.
As you can see, the Task Scheduler takes multiple steps to configure the message and thereby takes a lot of time and effort. Also, the feature is a deprecated feature. This means that it may or may not function because it is no longer supported by Microsoft. If you are using it, you are taking a chance.
Notezilla on the other hand, is reliable, simple and quick to configure. All the options are under a single window so you do not have to go back and forth through multiple windows.
So how about giving it a try today. It’s free and also perfectly boosts your productivity by saving your time and efforts!
The best part of Notezilla is that it can sync notes between your mobile and PC or laptop! Therefore, you have the reminders even on your phone!
Go download it from the Play store or app store today and sync all your sticky notes with the Windows version of Notezilla.
Learn more about Notezilla.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for interesting videos.
Check out our other cool products.
Have a good day!
Thank you :)