This post will show how to preview your files before copying them in windows.
Why preview files?
Let us see how this is possible with Windows Xcopy tool and an alternative software Copywhiz.
Enhance your file-copy experience with Copywhiz as it let’s you to have more flexibility & more control over the file-copying process. Here is how Copywhiz makes file copying a breeze:
• Copy only new or modified files
• Paste by date created or modified or accessed.
• Easily pick files by name, extension, folder, etc. from a bunch of folders
• Copy files to multiple folders/computers
• Copy files from multiple folders and paste them at once
• Pick files from multiple folders and compress in a single .zip file
• Schedule file backups
• several more hidden nuggets designed to make your file-copy task easier.
Generate file Preview
Xcopy Source [Destination] /L command displays a list of files that are to be copied.
For Ex: To display a list of files that are to be copied, the following command line will be used:
xcopy / C:\Your Folder C:\New Folder /L
However, using Xcopy commands is not straightforward. System administrators may be able to use it. But Xcopy is difficult for everyday users.
Let us look at an easier and faster way to do this.
Copywhiz is an alternative that allows you to preview files before copying them. You can alter different filter options (file type, date, or size) and ensure that the right files are copied. This avoids mistakes, incorrect files to be copied & important files to be left out. This feature ensures accuracy. You can also use this feature to view the list of new & modified files in a folder.
Here is how Copywhiz Preview Window appears:
The preview feature is depicted briefly in this video:
Have a good day.
Thanks for reading till the end :)