This post will tell you how to copy the same files into different folders, automatically, each time in Windows PC.
Why create new folders each time?
This is not possible with the Windows Robocopy tool .
You could use an alternative software, Copywhiz instead which is really easy and straightforward.
What is Copywhiz?
Enhance your file-copy experience with Copywhiz as it lets you to have more flexibility & more control over the file-copying process. Here is how Copywhiz makes file copying a breeze:
An image depicting one of the features of Copywhiz
Steps to copy files in new folder each time
Watch a short video regarding this feature:
1. Select the files to be copied from the Source folder and right-click on it and choose Copywhiz–>Copy as shown below:
2. Right-click inside the destination folder where you wish to copy the files and select Copywhiz–>Paste Advanced:
3. Copywhiz window will open with the destination folder already selected. You can suffix the destination folder with %date% or %datetime% to add current date to the folder name.
4. Once the variables are added, click on ‘Paste Now’ and it will automatically create a new folder based on the current date.
5. You can save the selected files as a Copywhiz project and schedule a backup of the same set of files by clicking on ‘Paste later (Schedule)’ button.
Once clicked, the following Window will appear that will let you to set your preferred backup frequency.
After setting your preferred frequency click on ‘Schedule Now’ so that Copywhiz automatically run the projects at a specified time for taking backups.
Copywhiz is an alternative that lets you create a new destination folder (date-wise) for every file backup. This way you can ensure that multiple versions of your backups are maintained.
It uses Windows Task Scheduler to schedule your backups. Configure Copywhiz to copy files at a particular time. Using Copywhiz’s scheduling capability you can backup your files every week, every day or even every hour.
For more tutorial videos, check out this page.
Have a good day!
Thanks for your time :)
If you found this post useful, please do share it.