We work with multiple files daily. File editing and replacing is the most basic work in our daily routine. But this may consume a lot of your time if you repeatedly replace a file, say daily. And most importantly, you want the old file name the same.
Using the standard Windows method, you will spend a lot of time and effort in copying, renaming, replacing, and deleting files. We, therefore, have an alternative software, Copywhiz, that will let you replace an old file with a new file keeping old name intact, in just a few clicks (three, to be exact)!
What is Copywhiz?
Enhance your file-copy experience with Copywhiz as it lets you to have more flexibility & more control over the file copying and backup process. Here is how Copywhiz makes file copying a breeze:
- Copy only new or modified files
- Easily pick files by name, extension, folder etc from bunch of folders
- Automatically organize files based on file attributes and metadata
- Copy files to multiple folders/computers
- Copy files from multiple folders and paste them at once
- Sync files between source and destination
- Pick files from multiple folders and compress in single .zip file
- Schedule file backups
- Several more hidden nuggets designed to make your file-copy task easier.
Steps to replace file without changing file name:
Here is a short video for your guidance:
1. Right-click on the file that needs to be copied and choose Copywhiz–>Copy from the menu as shown below:
2. Go to the destination folder, right-click on the file that needs to be replaced and select Copywhiz–>Paste Special.
3. Under the Paste Special, you will find the option ‘Paste as (new file -> old file)’ as shown below.
4. The old file replaces even though its name is unchanged. You will be intimidated with a pop-up, and also, a sound plays indicating the successful completion of a file copy task.
Once you are done replacing a file, come back and follow the same steps for the next file to replace. This way, you can also paste a single file to multiple folders with a different name in each folder.
Copywhiz thus saves a lot of time and effort on the simple yet important task of file replace which would have taken many steps in Windows file copy-paste.
For short tutorial videos, Check out this page.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more interesting videos.
Check out our other cool products.
Have a good day!