This article will tell you how to select files and folders in the open & save window faster and easier than usual, using RecentX, an innovative file launcher for Windows.
When you have to open a file from an application like notepad or excel or the most commonly used word, you generally have to search for the file in various folders.
You probably won’t remember where the file is located among a large number of folders and subfolders. Also, the file may have different versions at different places if you have the habit of taking backups.
This consumes a lot of your time and effort. This is why you should use RecentX which will open a file quickly for you.
What is RecentX?
RecentX is a smart launcher for Windows designed to make your computing life joyful. Here are some of the many cool things you can do with RecentX:
- Effortlessly access any file, folder or program on Windows in less than 5 seconds!
- Assign tags to frequently used files/folders. Makes things even faster.
- Integrates with Windows File open/save window so that you don’t have to navigate any folder when opening or saving a document.
- It has a clipboard manager too that remembers all the text & pictures copied to a clipboard so that you can quickly pick & paste them again.
Integrating with the Windows File open/save dialog
Here is a short video showing how this works:
All you need to do is:
- Open the file Open/Save window.
- Open the RecentX window too.
- In the RecentX window, search for the file quickly and select it. The file name will be automatically displayed in the File Open/Save window too.
- Now select “Open” in the Open/Save window and that’s it, your file will open instantly.
Not just files, you can use RecentX to open folders too. You need to follow the same steps again, and the folder will open within a few seconds. This is how it saves a lot of your time and efforts.
For more tutorial videos, check out this page.
Check out our YouTube channel.
Have a good day!