We all use certain programs as part of our routine work. We may also have specific work habits related to these apps. For example, someone might have the habit of taking a backup of all the work before breaking for lunch. Or someone would check their calendar the first thing after switching on their PC.
For programs like these, which we access regularly at a specific time, how about scheduling the app to automatically launch at that time.
What is Notezilla?
Notezilla is a professional, elegant & highly rated sticky notes app for Windows & Phones (Android, iOS, iPhone, iPad, Windows Phone, etc.). It can help you organize your life by keeping all the notes, tasks & reminders that you may need when-ever and where-ever you are.
With sticky notes, you hardly have to put effort to take notes, set reminders, etc. Just jot down & move on with your task at hand. Notezilla allows you to create attractive and realistic sticky notes to make the desktop look more colorful and beautiful.
It works smoothly on both phones & tablets.
Windows Task Scheduler
Windows task scheduler is a free tool to create and run tasks and is inbuilt in your Windows PC. With this, you can start a program, run commands and execute scripts at a specific time.
Now let us see the steps for both of them.
Although Notezilla is a sticky notes app, it can do a lot more than you can imagine. You can schedule to launch any app at a specific time, indirectly, even though not directly.
- Create a Notezilla sticky note.
2. Add a reminder to this sticky note.
3. Go the the Advanced tab of this reminder window and choose the option ‘Launch program, document or website.’
4. Type the program name or browse and choose the program and click OK.
5. The reminder alarm will pop-up at the specified time and the program will also launch along with it.
Using the Task Scheduler
1.Search for ‘Task Scheduler’ in the Windows search bar and open it.
2. Under the ‘Actions’ section, choose ‘ Create Basic Task’.
3. Give your task a name and a description(optional) and click Next.
4. Choose the Trigger frequency. This basically means choosing when you want to start the task. Here, you can also choose to set repeat trigger. Click Next.
5. Type or browse the program you wish to launch and click Next.
6. Click on Finish and you are all set.
Although the Task Scheduler is free and inbuilt in your system, most people aren’t even aware of its existence. It has many windows and multiple steps to configure a task, making it confusing and time consuming.
Notezilla on the other hand is simple and quick to configure under one single window. You might say that how many notes do i keep creating for the multiple programs. And won’t it clutter my desktop unnecessarily?
Well, Notezilla has a memoboard system wherein you can store your sticky notes in different folders.
Here’s another cool thing you can do with Notezilla- schedule a program to run at startup. When you switch on your system, the program will launch.
Although there’s no direct option for this, we do have a simple hack. Just set the reminder time for the sticky note to midnight. So when you turn on your PC in the morning, the reminder will immediately pop-up along with the specified program.
So how about giving it a try today. It’s free and also perfectly boosts your productivity by saving your time and efforts!
Learn more about Notezilla.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for interesting videos.
Check out our other cool products.
Have a good day!
Thanks for your time :)