This article will tell you how to copy a large number of files into a .zip file only using Copywhiz, a file copy app for Windows.
Compressing large number of files into a .zip file helps in saving disk space. Also transferring .zip files between different devices or drives is faster than transferring individual files.
Enhance your file-copy experience with Copywhiz as it lets you to have more flexibility & more control over the file-copying process. Here is how Copywhiz makes file copying a breeze:
• Copy only new or modified files
• Paste by date created or modified or accessed.
• Easily pick files by name, extension, folder etc from bunch of folders
• Copy files to multiple folders/computers
• Copy files from multiple folders and paste them at once
• Pick files from multiple folders and compress in single .zip file
• Schedule file backups
• several more hidden nuggets designed to make your file-copy task easier.
Watch a short video describing this feature:
For more tutorial videos, check out this page.
- Right-click on the folder/folders from which the files need to be copied and choose Copywhiz–>Copy from the menu as shown below:
- Go to the destination folder where you wish to create the .zip file and select Copywhiz–> Paste Advanced.
- Under the paste options select ‘Paste as compressed .zip file’, specify the .zip file name and click on ‘Paste Now’. You can use the %date% or %datetime% variables to create a separate zip file each time. Just type the variable and it will be automatically updated.
You can even schedule your file copying to create backups or in simple words, create multiple copies automatically from time to time. All you need to do is:
1. Click on ‘Paste later (Schedule)’ button. Once clicked, the following Window will appear that will let you to set your preferred backup frequency.
2. After setting your preferred frequency, click on ‘Schedule Now’ so that Copywhiz automatically run the projects at a specified time for creating multiple copies.
Once you get used to Copywhiz, you will find the regular file copying process too outdated and boring.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more such interesting videos.
Have a good day!
Thanks for reading :)