Watch the below video to know how to restore Notezilla‘s sticky notes data from backup. This video will also help you understand where exactly Notezilla stores its data.
Restore sticky notes data from backup in Notezilla
Learn how to restore sticky notes data from backup in Notezilla.
- If you are not able to run Notezilla, skip steps 2, 3, 4 & 6. You can directly open the data folder by running %appdata%\Conceptworld\Notezilla from Windows start menu. Similarly, open backup folder %appdata%\Conceptworld\Notezilla\Backup from the Windows start menu. Note that these are default locations where Notezilla stores its data.
- To know where Notezilla stores the data, right click on Notezilla icon, choose Preferences from the menu and click on the Advanced tab.
- On the Advanced tab you will see “Data Folder” and “Backup Folder”. These are the locations where Notezilla stores its data and keeps 5 backup copies of its sticky notes data.
- Copy the data folder location from Advanced tab & open in Windows Explorer.
- Notezilla stores data inside a file named Notes or Notes8. They might appear as Notes.db or Notes8.db in some computers.
- Copy the backup folder location from Advanced tab and open in Windows Explorer.
- You will see that Notezilla keeps multiple backups (date-wise). Open the backup folder which contains the latest and correct data.
- Copy the backup file Notes8.db to the main data folder. Make sure you exit Notezilla before copying the data file by clicking on Notezilla icon in the taskbar and selecting Exit from the menu.
- Make sure you rename the existing Notes8.db file in the data folder and Paste the copied file with a right-click. Run Notezilla to access the restored notes.
You can follow similar steps when you want to move Notezilla‘s sticky notes data from one computer to another.
If you found this post useful, please like it by clicking on one of the social media buttons (facebook, twitter, google+) on top/left of this post.