Version 5.0.10 - 28 March, 2019
- The search results now show all matching items instead of initial 250 items.
- The search results are more accurate.
- The tags toolbar resizes automatically based the number of tags.
- Chrome and Vivaldi browsers now pick the last profile used. Earlier, RecentX used to pick only Default profile.
- Using hyphen (-) in keywords caused inaccurate results. This is fixed.
- Sometimes renaming a file resulted in duplicate items in the files list. This is fixed.
- Renaming a clipboard item did not succeed. This is fixed.
- Multiple filters were not being deleted correctly. This is fixed.
- Other UI improvements and bug fixes.
Version 5.0.9 - 14 November, 2018
- Item names in list appear in bold text for quick identification.
- Websites list items now show the exact browser icon.
- Search text box width increased.
- For some items, incorrect tags were shown along with the correct ones. This is fixed.
Version 5.0.8 - 25 October, 2018
- The list view is improved. It is less cluttery and with better usability.
- Added support for Microsoft Edge history & bookmarks.
- Added support for Vivaldi Browser history & bookmarks.
- It is possible to copy (or drag and drop) multiple items from clipboard list.
- RecentX did not index files from removable drives. This has been fixed.
Version 5.0.7 - 21 November, 2017
- It was not possible to resize the last column (Date Accessed). This has been fixed.
- The first column in RecentX window was too narrow. It did not display 3 digit numbers. This has been fixed.
- RecentX prevented system shutdown after installing latest Windows Fall Creators Update. This has been fixed.
Version 5.0.6 - 02 August, 2017
- RecentX did not run successfully when the user name (Windows account) contained non-english alphabets.
Version 5.0.5 - 25 April, 2017
- RecentX now picks up shortcuts from Windows desktop also.
- Improved search-as-you-type behavior.
- The programs, websites and clipboard lists did not show tags in the Tags column. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when exiting RecentX.
Version 5.0.4 - 25 January, 2017
- After using a tag in clipboard list, the list wasn't sorted based on 'Date Added'. So the most recent item did not appear on top. This has been fixed.
Version 5.0.3 - 13 December, 2016
- You can now disable clipboard monitoring on specific programs.
Version 5.0.2 - 07 December, 2016
- New version 5.0 launched!
- Search is atleast 3x times faster.
- Recently downloaded files are automatically detected.
- Added support for Hi-DPI display resolution.
- Preview picture files (jpg, png, gif, bmp etc) on mouse hover in files list.
- Disable clipboard monitoring on specific apps.
- Launch Windows Universal apps from RecentX programs list.
- Added option to Open with Microsoft Edge.
- Option to list all matching files, folders etc (Not limited to 250 items).
- Find-as-you-type can be disabled. Type the keyword and hit Enter key to search.
- Clipboard monitoring can be instantly disabled from the side-bar menu and from the system tray menu.
- Multiple files can be deleted from within RecentX.
- First time indexing doesn't wait for the user to be idle. This way, the files and folders are indexed within minutes after installation.
- Sometimes, the keyboard focus was not set inside the find text box when activating RecentX. So the user had to click inside the find text box before typing the keywords. This has been fixed.
- Fixed several bugs and improved usability.
Version 4.0.16 - 22 September, 2015
- Windows 10, RecentX would hang when Cortana is enabled. This has been fixed.
- On some systems, symbolic links and junctions caused RecentX to index files indefinitely. This caused the data files to grow and slowed down RecentX. This has been fixed.
- Backslash is automatically added at the end of folder address in Windows file/save dialog when the folder is selected in RecentX.
- recentx window now hides automatically when a clipboard item is selected (copied).
Version 4.0.15 - 28 July, 2015
- On some systems, opening RecentX window was not snappy. It window appears sluggishly. This has been fixed.
- Added tutorial videos option to the Help menu.
Version 4.0.14 - 01 April, 2015
- NOTE: Fixed a very critical bug that made RecentX extremely slow after few days of usage. It is important that you update your copy of RecentX.
- Automatic check for updates stopped working. This has been fixed.
Version 4.0.13 - 31 January, 2015
- The data files that RecentX creates are now smaller & faster to access. Improves RecentX performance significantly.
- Spinning wheel (mouse cursor) appeared frequently not allowing the user to access RecentX for several seconds. This has been fixed.
- Sometimes the sidebar would disappear permanently. This has been fixed.
- In certain cases, Clipboard list would show 'Out of memory' message. This has been fixed.
- It was not possible to show or sort the columns by 'Tags' using the Options menu. This has been fixed.
- Columns settings under Clipboard category weren't saved. This has been fixed.
Version 4.0.12 - 09 January, 2015
- Help documentation added
Version 4.0.11 - 03 December, 2014
- Improved performance of search results.
- Sidebar position was not remembered after restart. This has been fixed.
- Internet bookmarks & history were indexed even after disabling it. This has been fixed.
- Clipboard items were monitored even after disabling it. This has been fixed.
- When searching items, the first item was not selected by default. This has been fixed.
- Hiding programs using keywords did not work. This has been fixed.
- 'Show more items' renamed to 'Load more items' for more clarity.
Version 4.0.10 - 18 November, 2014
- Windows Explorer menu has been enabled for programs also.
- Network folder access was not being monitored. This has been fixed.
- F2 key now renames clipboard items.
- Searching just the bookmarks, listed history also. This has been fixed.
- Clicking on an already selected item in RecentX did not reflect in file open/save dialog window. This has been fixed.
Version 4.0.9 - 06 November, 2014
- RecentX 4 launched! Read what's new in RecentX 4.